Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday Wishes

One year ago, Ethan James Notch was born.
365 days later, my heart has at least tripled in size.
8760 hours have passed since our lives have changed in beautifully complicated ways.
525,600 minutes of incredible memories have been captured both in mind and on film, thanks to my fabulous artist husband.
31,536,000 seconds have been spent thinking about, loving, protecting, relishing, playing with, smelling, feeding, bathing, diapering, snuggling, kissing, teaching, learning from, and being thankful for my beautiful baby boy.


I've been thinking a lot about birthday wishes lately. This is probably due to the hours spent agonizing over the logistics of a party for a one-year-old who could care less about unwrapping presents or blowing out birthday candles. To him, it's just another day, perhaps slightly more overwhelming, but normal nonetheless. To me, it's so much more.

Since Ethan doesn't understand birthday wishes yet, I figured I should make some for him.

I wish you a lifetime of happiness spent with those who love you.


I wish for you the tools to get you where you want to go.



I wish for you to always find joy in the little things.


I wish you a life full of excitement.


And, finally, just in case you get your Mama's sweet tooth, I wish for you to get your Daddy's metabolism!

2 comments:

Jen and Eric said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!!! We love ya'll!

Emily Q. said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!!!

yhhghmmb,c ba jjhdnjjnjnvgcv bjhv



Love Emily, Luke and Lyla