“A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it.” ~ Jerry Seinfeld
We put our little blender on full blast today for a cupcake decorating celebration. Luckily, we had the foresight to hold our little fiesta outside, with easy access to hose everything (and everyone...) down after we finished our fun. I thought that if I turned him loose with a few bottles of sprinkles, a plate full of cupcakes, and a tub of frosting, Ethan would decorate all of the cupcakes and then eat one.
Two years into this whole parenting thing, and I still have unrealistic expectations like that? Sheesh. Here's what actually happened:
1) Ethan dumps half a bottle of sprinkles on one cupcake.
2) He begins to make frantic "Ahhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhh" sounds with his mouth wide open, signaling that he wants to do a little less decorating and a little more eating.
3) Ethan quickly scarfs down a cupcake, and sweetly smiles before asking for another one.
4) Mama of course lets him have another one.
5) After he finishes his second treat, Ethan proceeds to take a bite out of or lick frosting off of each of the remaining cupcakes.
It was the perfect low-key celebration, followed by a lot of running around the yard (and a huge sugar crash before bedtime)!